SaaS, Web 2.0 & xSPs Security
Webroot Managed Security Solutions
Service providers (xSPs), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and Web 2.0 businesses face significant challenges to deploy and maintain world-class security features for their products and services. Multi-tenancy, access from anywhere over the Internet, dynamic content and social applications which connect users from multiple enterprises, require xSP, SaaS and Web 2.0 providers to implement a multi-layered approach to security. Lack of robust security hinders customer adoption of new business models and exposes your business reputation and revenue.
From SaaS security to xSPs and Web 2.0 security, Webroot's cloud based managed security solutions can help you solve these challenges by providing an efficient, differentiated set of security capabilities which can be easily incorporated into your products and services via our SDK. These new capabilities not only create a more secure environment, but also help create new sources of value for you and your customers.
Webroot's managed security solutions provide xSP, SaaS and Web 2.0 providers with a set of rich security capabilities to enhance their products and services:
- Content Classification, Web Reputation and IP Reputation Services - provide comprehensive and accurate Internet data services which can be leveraged in a wide variety of xSP, SaaS and Web 2.0 applications:
- Prevent or warn social media users from accessing fraudulent, malicious or low reputation web sites or other Internet resources;
- Provide parental control capabilities by blocking or warning of access to inappropriate or low reputation web sites;
- Provide content or reputation based web filtering to help customers maintain work-place productivity and reduce Internet access costs;
- Block fraudulent inbound access to web services from malicious or low reputation sources;
- Understand web usage patterns for more effective advertising or other user behavior research;
- SecureAnywhere - our cloud-based end-point protection can be packaged by xSP, SaaS and Web 2.0 providers to protect against malware and viruses via a light weight, high-performance client. This revolutionary new approach to end-point security not only provides comprehensive detection and remediation of threats to individual end-points, but can also provide a unique set of security intelligence capabilities to providers which can form the basis for new value added security services.
- Web & Email Security-as-a-Service - can be leveraged by xSP, SaaS and Web 2.0 providers to add web and email protection features to their own cloud-based services. xSPs can white-label Webroot's Web and Email security services to rapidly deploy turn-key solutions without costly development cycles. These services can help providers extend their reach into the enterprise to ensure that web and email traffic is cleaned and secured as enterprises access web services.
- Mobile Security - provides protection for Android and iOS (beta) based mobile devices. As users increasingly access web applications from mobile phones and tablets, most xSP, SaaS and Web 2.0 providers attempt to secure the use of these devices through establishing a secure connection through the use of SSL or VPN, but do not have the capability to ensure that the mobile device is protected from outside threats. Webroot can help providers address this significant security gap by addressing the risks inherent in mobile devices with anti-malware, URL filtering and remote device locate/lock/wipe capabilities.
- Features & Benefits
Content Classification, Web Reputation and IP Reputation:
- Comprehensive coverage:
- Database includes classification and reputation data for over 280 million URLs in over 40 languages and reputation data for tens of millions of individual IP addresses. Extremely low uncategorized rates helps ensure customer satisfaction.
- Extreme accuracy:
- Continuous updating and analysis for content classification and reputation scoring using proprietary, automated machine learning technology backed by human training and quality assurance processes results in extremely low miscategorization rates. Data-driven probability heuristics account for historical as well as current data with dynamic continuous updating ensures that content and reputation data is kept current as threats materialize or subside across the Internet. Closed loop process for end users to submit miscats ensures rapid response and resolution.
- Flexible Deployment:
- Web filtering services can be accessed via cloud APIs or a high-performance SDK which supports both local (partial) or hybrid local/cloud deployment models. Webroot also has a DNS based web filtering solution for ISPs. This flexibility provides architects with the ability to optimize performance vs. cost.
- High Performance:
- Light-weight, high performance SDK for lightning fast lookups. Cloud services have an uptime record near 100% with minimal latency. Ensures that data is accessible without negative impact on application performance.
- Partner Support:
- Our experienced team of web and software experts provides partners with knowledgeable and responsive support through the full life cycle of their application.
SecureAnywhere cloud-based anti-malware/anti-virus:
- True cloud architecture:
- Innovative cloud-based approach leverages the power of centralized threat intelligence coupled with a light weight, high performance client to provide comprehensive, immediate protection from threats as they emerge. Effective protection against zero day threats and proven ability to find threats traditional security software often miss. Blocks malware, key loggers, phishing and other risks associated with accessing or providing sensitive information via online applications.
- Security Intelligence:
- Detailed security intelligence allows providers to proactively establish programs to improve the threat profile of their online user community or preempt threats to specific user groups or even an individual user.
- High Performance:
- Light-weight client provides extremely fast scan times with minimal impact to system resources. Doesn't conflict with pre-existing security software. Provides the ability to rapidly download & install, scan and remediate threats as a pre-requisite to accessing sensitive online resources.
Web and Email Security-as-a-Service:
- Quality of Service:
- Webroot's Web and Email security offerings are time tested and feature rich. Proven anti-malware, and anti-spam capabilities powered by behavioral based heuristics and comprehensive web filtering and reputation backed by industry leading SLAs. Partners can be confident that their users will be delighted with quality of service.
- Partner friendly:
- May be white labeled for service providers as a turn-key solution without costly development and deployment cycle. Partner friendly administration features provide granular control.
- Visibility & Control:
- Data driven analytics and pre-emptive threat analysis help provide partners and their customers with visibility and control over the services.
- Rich Feature Set:
- Webroot's mobile security applications are feature rich including A/V, remote locate/disable/wipe. Enables partners to address the significant gap in security caused by the proliferation of mobile access to online applications.
- Most popular platforms:
- Android and iOS (beta) platforms cover significant portion of mobile phone and emerging tablet markets.
- Innovative Business Models:
- Free and paid versions provide the opportunity to create innovative new business models for service provider partners.
How are Webroot's products and services priced/licensed?
We have a variety of flexible pricing models and can work with you to structure the right pricing model based on your use case. Some examples are per user, per device and transaction based pricing.
Does Webroot provide ability for partners to white label its products/services?
Most Webroot products/services can be white labeled. The nature of co-marketing relationship is reflected in the overall deal we reach with our partners.