Security Intelligence for Mobile Suite
Webroot Security Intelligence for Mobile Suite draws on the power of the Webroot Intelligence Network (WIN), the world's most comprehensive cloud-based security intelligence service, to deliver the most advanced threat defense to tablets and smartphones. Using the Security Intelligence for Mobile Suite, Webroot's mobile solution partners can use SDKs and direct APIs to integrate into their own products with Webroot's award-winning anti-malware and anti-virus protection, web filtering, app reputation and secure browsing capabilities. A key benefit to the Webroot Security Intelligence for Mobile Suite is that mobile technology partners can offer their customers a highly sophisticated and comprehensive mobile application reputation database, which has analyzed and categorized more than 2.5 million mobile applications across the Android and iOS platforms to identify and help block potentially harmful apps.
With the BYOD (bring your own device) trend on the rise, mobile devices are becoming the security perimeter for the business and personal network. Webroot found in a recent proprietary survey of business security decision-makers that an overwhelming 82 percent of respondents believe that mobile devices create a high security risk within the corporate environment. More than half of those surveyed reported that mobile threats had reduced employee productivity and disrupted business activities. Cybercrime on mobile devices is already high and accelerating, and as many as 10 percent of mobile applications contain either malicious or undesirable behaviors. Companies across the mobile ecosystem are realizing the very real threat mobile malware presents to their customers, and they are seeking to provide more sophisticated features and services to protect them.
Webroot's security solutions provide mobile solution providers with a set of rich security capabilities to enhance their products and services:
- Mobile Security - provides protection for Android and iOS based mobile devices. While access to corporate web applications from mobile phones and tablets are sometimes secured through SSL or VPN connections, many devices do not have the capability to ensure that the device is protected from outside threats. Webroot can help providers address this significant security gap by addressing the risks inherent in mobile devices with anti-malware, URL filtering and remote device locate/lock/wipe capabilities.
- SecureAnywhere - Our cloud-based end-point protection can be packaged by mobility solution providers to protect mobile PCs against malware and viruses using a light weight, high-performance client. This powerful security application protects against and removes the latest threats which are designed to compromise end users' PCs and steal personal and corporate information.
- SecureAnywhere Web Security Service can be leveraged by providers to add web protection features regardless of where the network connection is made (cybercafe, hotel room, remote office or headquarters) and without the need for the user to manage their own security software/appliances. These services can help providers extend their reach into the enterprise to ensure that web and email traffic is cleaned before reaching the end user.
- Features & Benefits
- Rich Feature Set:
- Webroot's enterprise mobile security applications are feature rich including A/V, remote locate/disable/wipe. Enables partners to address the significant gap in security caused by the proliferation of mobile access to online applications.
- Most popular platforms:
- Android and iOS (beta) platforms cover significant portion of mobile phone and emerging tablet markets.
- Innovative Business Models:
- Free and paid versions provide the opportunity to create innovative new business models for service provider partners.
SecureAnywhere cloud-based anti-malware/anti-virus:
- True cloud architecture:
- Innovative cloud-based approach leverages the power of centralized threat intelligence coupled with a light weight, high performance client to provide comprehensive, immediate protection from threats as they emerge. Effective protection against zero day threats and proven ability to find threats traditional security software often miss. Blocks malware, key loggers, phishing and other risks associated with accessing or providing sensitive information via online applications.
- Security Intelligence:
- Detailed security intelligence allows providers to proactively establish programs to improve the threat profile of their online user community or preempt threats to specific user groups or even an individual user.
- High Performance:
- Light-weight client provides extremely fast scan times with minimal impact to system resources. Doesn't conflict with pre-existing security software. Provides the ability to rapidly download & install, scan and remediate threats as a pre-requisite to accessing sensitive online resources.
Web and Email Security-as-a-Service:
- Quality of Service:
- Webroot's Web and Email security offerings are time tested and feature rich. Proven anti-malware, and anti-spam capabilities powered by behavioral based heuristics and comprehensive web filtering and reputation backed by industry leading SLAs. Partners can be confident that their users will be delighted with quality of service.
- Partner friendly:
- May be white labeled for service providers as a turn-key solution without costly development and deployment cycle. Partner friendly administration features provide granular control.
- Visibility & Control:
- Data driven analytics and pre-emptive threat analysis help provide partners and their customers with visibility and control over the services.