Government Network & Internet Security Overview
Secured networks and systems are essential to the missions of both defense and civilian public sector organizations. Webroot's solutions provide a multi-layered approach to government network security. The first layer ensures that users do not access bad websites or that bad IPs are allowed to gain access to government systems. The second layer of government computer security ensures that any malware that is somehow introduced to the user environment is detected, blocked from execution and removed. The third layer is the ability to provide the government agency with real-time visibility of the threat landscape of their online user base and perform the appropriate risk assessments/actions. Webroot's security solutions can play a critical role in strengthening the defense of these networks and system and help to safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of critical data for government employees and their constituents.
Content Classification, Web Reputation and IP Reputation Services - provide comprehensive and accurate Internet data services which can be leveraged in a wide variety of SaaS and Web 2.0 applications:
- Prevent or warn government agency users from accessing fraudulent, malicious or low reputation external web sites or other Internet resources;
- Provide content or reputation based web filtering to help customers maintain work-place productivity;
- Block fraudulent inbound access to web services from malicious or low reputation sources;
SecureAnywhere - Our cloud-based end-point protection can be deployed to protect PCs against malware and viruses using a light weight, high-performance client. This powerful security application protects against and removes the latest threats which are designed to compromise end users' PCs and steal personal, corporate and government information.
Security Intelligence - Threat Intelligence for the government agency
- Threat Portal - Provides a real-time view of threats present across an organization's online customer base
- Identify Now - Associates a customer with a PC and provides the real-time security status of customer PC when accessing an online session
- Features & Benefits
Content Classification, Web Reputation and IP Reputation:
- Comprehensive coverage:
- Database includes classification and reputation data for over 280 million URLs and reputation data for tens of millions of individual IP addresses.
- Extreme accuracy:
- Continuous updating and analysis for content classification and reputation scoring using proprietary, automated machine learning technology backed by human training and quality assurance processes results in extremely low miscategorization rates. Data-driven probability heuristics account for historical as well as current data with dynamic continuous updating ensures that content and reputation data is kept current as threats materialize or subside across the Internet. Closed loop process for end users to submit miscats ensures rapid response and resolution.
- Flexible Deployment:
- Web filtering services can be accessed via cloud APIs or a high-performance SDK which supports both local (partial) or hybrid local/cloud deployment models. Webroot also has a DNS based web filtering solution for ISPs. This flexibility provides architects with the ability to optimize performance vs. cost.
SecureAnywhere cloud-based anti-malware/anti-virus:
- True cloud architecture:
- Innovative cloud-based approach leverages the power of centralized threat intelligence coupled with a light weight, high performance client to provide comprehensive, immediate protection from threats as they emerge. Effective protection against zero day threats and proven ability to find threats traditional security software often miss. Blocks malware, key loggers, phishing and other risks associated with accessing or providing sensitive information via online applications.
- High Performance:
- Light-weight client provides extremely fast scan times with minimal impact to system resources. Doesn't conflict with pre-existing security software. Provides the ability to rapidly download & install, scan and remediate threats as a pre-requisite to accessing sensitive online resources.
Webroot Security Intelligence allows organizations to understand the threats affecting their customer base, and also those affecting unique users in real-time.
- Threat Portal
- The Webroot Threat Portal provides the government agency with real-time visibility of the threats present in their online user/customer base.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Shows the number of infected PCs accessing online applications
- Provides detail on serious and prevalent threats
- Highlights new threats and new malicious URLs seen
- Allows an organization to understand the threats affecting their users / constituents and perform comprehensive risk assessments.
- Webroot Identify Now
- Identify now provides real-time visibility of the security status of a customer's PC accessing an online session. Identify Now allows an organization to make an informed risk based decision if the online session poses an unacceptable risk to the individual or government agency.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Associates an online session with a customer and the PC they are using, enhancing non-repudiation
- Assesses the severity of infections on a PC and whether security software is installed
- Enables risk profiling of a customer, the PCs they use and the online sessions they perform
- Informs the online provider if the customer accessing an online session poses a potential fraud risk